We all have that vision of seamlessly pulling off the red, white, and blue along with a flawless face. But realistically, it will take a few tweaks to your everyday routine to weather proof your look. These tips and products are a game changer!
Protect Your Pout
Maintain colour, even on the hottest of days can be rather difficult but can be done.
1. Prep your lips with a basic chapstick
2. Line and fill your lips with glo minerals lip filler pencil, the best thing about this pencil is it’s colorless so it will work with any lip color.
3. With a brush apply your chosen lip color, gently press your lips together then blot on a tissue.
4. With a soft bristle puffy brush dust setting powder over the lips. Brush off any excess powder. This will help set the color and leave almost like a lip stain effect.
5. Reapply lip color once more with a brush, and top with your gloss of choice.
Fake the Bake
We all love an amazing summer tan, but the repercussions on your skin are irreversable. One product t I have fallen head over heels for is Jane Iredale’s Tantasia. There is a trick to applying this product so that it is applied evenly, and during those hot days you don’t sweat off your tan.
1. During your shower, after you shave your legs, apply Eminence Shower Scrub in a circular motion all over. These will buff away the dead skin and stimulate circulation providing a silky even surface.
2. After drying the skin apply Eminence Coconut Firming Lotion all over, working the lotion in so it is fully absorbed.
3. Finish by applying a dime to a quarter size amount of Tantasia (depending on the area being covered and the desired darkness) throughly on your legs, arms, and chest. You can even mix a tiny amount into your night cream to add some glow to your face (avoid the eyebrows). *Make sure to wash your hands* Do not dress for 10-15min so the product has time to absorb and dry.
4. Several hours later you’ll be rocking a gorgeous glow!
Finish the Face
Prevent the mid day meltdown by prepping and finishing the face with these simple steps.
1. An important step a lot of women skip is cleansing the face prior to applying anything. This step makes a huge difference, removing anything (sweat, night cream, oil, etc) that may affect the longevity of your make up.
2. Apply a moisturizer (preferably with an SPF) and eyecream. Immediately after apply Smooth Affair Facial Primer from Jane Iredale, this primer will not only hold your make up better, but it is also good for your skin!
3. Once your full face is on, finish by dusting glo minerals Loose Matte Finishing Powder; sets looks to last all day while soaking up oil, keeping skin shine-free.
4. Complete by spritzing Jane Iredales’ Pom Mist Hydration spray to set your look!
Use this tips and products to protect and perfect your make-up for any outdoor event, from wedding to the 4th of July BBQ Riversong Spa has you prepared to Save Face!